Monday, September 27, 2010

Adding to the Arsenal

Hey there my fellow food lovers this morning I was touched with the creative bug and went to the kitchen to prepare for a Friday assignment. I will be preparing Canapes with 12 6th graders at a charter school in Atlanta. I just LOVE introducing new and REAL foods to children.

I looked at the things I had and researched through my many books and articles I came up with the Double T Bruschetta, Ham and Macless Cheese Polenta Cakes, Pepperoni Caprese, and I'm still fighting over the Elvis or Fluffanutter Sweet Surprise. All that looking made me hungry so to my Fridge I went. I made the most delish morning snack. OK so many of you won't have these items in you kitchen but I wont hold it against you.

Chicken Broth
2 Ears of corn, rough cut the nibbletts from the cobb
Cooked Beef Bacon
Onion
Plugaria Butter and olive oil
Salt
Fresh Cracked pepper
Smoked Gouda 1 slice diced.
Spanish Capers

Melt 1 Tsp of butter with 1T Olive oil. Add onion and bacon to the pan once most of the oil has been absorbed add the corn. Add 1/4c of chicken broth cover and let simmer. (5-7 Min) then I cracked the black pepper coarsely over the dish TAKE OFF HEAT Added the diced Cheese and covered for 2 min. I stirred the dish when I opened it and dropped a few capers in cause I like them.

OK you might not like this one....but LAWD>>>>I did! Lemmie know how yours came out...k

No comments:

Post a Comment