Friday, January 1, 2016

Today in Vegan Eats 010116

The start of each new year is an opportunity for me to reset my eating.  I was invited to fast a few years ago with a friend. I spend the first of the year eating clean. Over time this has morphed from a raw diet, to a vegetarian diet, to a pescitarian diet, to a Vegan diet. This year I am motivated, the lovely people of instagram and facebook are my accountability partners. I'm proud to say,I'm gonna give this a try.

Ive also become very good at cooking small meals. I really don't like eating the same thing everyday.

So here's what was on the menu today.

For breakfast - Green Smoothie
1c Kale
1c pineapple
1c almond milk
1/2 Banana

I put this in my ninja and had a lovely chewy drink. I'm considering getting another blender, you know one of those nutirbullets or something of the sort....we will see.

For Lunch - New Years Meal
Blackeye Peas, White Rice and Greens(kale and mustard)

1 can Peas
1/2 onion
1 Jalapeno(pickled)
1tsp salt
1T EVOO

saute the onions, salt add Peas simmer for 15min, serve with Jalapenos on top

Rice
Follow the box

Mixed Greens
1c Kale, Washed and Chopped
2c Mustard Greens, washed and chopped
1c Vegetable Broth
1T Salt
1 Roma Tomato

Bring broth to a boil, and salt it. Add the chopped greens simmer for 30-45 Minutes Served with sliced tomato

Lastly my dinner for tonight and Lunch for tomorrow - Ground Nut Stoup/
5c Veggie Broth
1/2c Peanut Butter
1/4c Tomato Paste
1/2 Onion sliced
1c Kale, chopped
1 med Sweet Potato, peeled and chuncked
1c Carrot, diced
1T Ginger, grated
1t Garlic, minced
1tsp Peppercorns, cracked
2t Salt
1t Thyme

Bring 5c Broth to a boil, add onion, pepper, thyme, ginger, salt and garlic. Add potato and carrots. boil for 15 minutes lower temperature to a simmer. In separate bowl mix peanut butter and tomato paste mix one cup of warm broth to the mixture, stir until smooth. Then add to the peanut butter mix to the simmering pot stir until Incorporated and drop in the chopped kale. Stoup is almost done. Let this mix warm together and wilt the kale for about 5 min.

There you have it...food.









No comments:

Post a Comment