Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I found out why its GREATER in DECATUR!

Leon’s Full Service


The Quick

This downtown Decatur delicacy renewed my love for local eateries, from the simple and obscure to the larger plates. This lovely spot boasts the most innovative and tasty drinks. The pricing is average and the portions depend on what you order. No matter what you get I'm sure you will be satisfied!
Junk Food Juniors Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Solid Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirt, Eggplant, X-Large

The Dirty
Overview - Don’t bother getting all fancy schmacy for this one, put on your vintage t-shirt and your cargo shorts…its good food for regular folks. The atmosphere lends itself to a large gastropub, metal and wood and BEER, Oh my! The bar has a very nice after work crowd. Not very diverse, but nice and talkative…however the crowd gets slightly more mixed the later the night gets.

The Service - I dined at lunch and let me tell you there is no shortage of servers in this place. It was always someone in the area, and you could ask anyone for anything! I am a stickler on service and this place has a great staff. If there is one thing I wasn’t…it was thirsty! LOL

The Bar - I’m not much of a beer person, but the place has beers for days…I mean there is a beer book. Forgive my Hops ignorance, but I’ve never been a fan of beer. However, the heavier spirits I have been known to partake. On evening I was overheard saying, "Now that is what a $9 drink is supposed to taste like." The mix master of this joint is and award winning man. If its available when you go…order the Bee’s Knees…HOW did he come up with this thing? OMG!!!

My Fav’s - Pub Frites with massaman curry, Bacon in a glass, with the peanut butter side and Oatmeal Cream pie....ooh wee, Fat Gurl Treats! Yes I have had other things on the menu, but these are MY favorites….so deal with it!

Logistics - Parking may be a bit difficult to find. I usually try to park in the square, but when I can't(which is any time before11pm), park in the public parking deck behind Parker's and walk through the little courtyard and across the street. Its totally worth it.

The Verdict - I give this one two thumbs up, the cabbage patch and a Harlem shake!

Leon's Fulll Service
131 E Ponce de Leon Ave Decatur, Georgia
404.687.0500
http://www.leonsfullservice.com/

Monday 5pm-1am (Kitchen closes at 12am)
Tuesday-Thursday, and Sunday 11:30am-1am (Kitchen closes at 12am)
Friday and Saturday 11:30am-2am (Kitchen closes at 1am)
Walk in only.
No reservations.

If you go Tell 'Em A. Mac sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment