Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cherry Limeade Whiskey Cake....at Midnight. YEAH

 Here is a Midnight Cake....I dreamed this up days ago.


The ingredients 1c water, 1/3c oil, 3eggs, Cherry Jello, Cherry Pie Filling,  In the squeeze bottle Tennessee's Finest. 

So I'm lazy right. Eggs, oil, and water in the blender.

Blend 

Add cake mix.....Blend

Here is my pan. Its a very large spring form.

I used non stick spray....why, cuz I don't feel like cleaning up later.

Empty cherries into the middle of the pan.

Pour cake around edges first. 
Then cover completely and let rest for 5-10 Min 

Into the 350 oven she goes for 60 Min. I know thats long but there is a lot going on in there. 
For the glaze....ooh wee. 

So on med heat, melt butter and lime concentrate.

Once butter is melted remove from heat and cool. Once cooled add Jello.

This shot isn't for me...well I did have one. put half the shot  into the cherry lime concoction.

See this handy dandy Gadget. Yeah its my Cake Tester. Every  cook should have one a these!
Tada.....out of the oven and begging me to slice a piece.  
Cake tester in and poking hole, this can be done with a tooth pick, a bamboo skewar, an olive  pick, a fork...lol. whatever you have.

Spoon the cheery lime glaze over the bottom of the cake. 
Now here is the hard part. You must wait 30 Min for the entire  thing to  cool. As you can see from my photo I gave in....oh it gets worse!
So here is the deal, you place a plate on the bottom of the pan, then flip it.
See, told you....I ate the corner LONG before I flipped it. I'm so Ashamed.   
This where you add the liq for the adults. just drizzle a few drops on a freshly cut piece.. Otherwise its pretty Kid Friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment