Monday, December 19, 2011

Chicken and Dumpling...the easy way!

So it has gotten a little cold out and you need a stick to your bones kinda low cost meal to do. So many have ordered this dish this month...I thought I would post a quicky style recipe, this is not my exact....but its pretty darn close. I do this when I'm tired!

What you will need
Your FAV Rotisserie chicken (KFC Grilled 8pc will do too!)
2 boxes of  Chicken Broth (not stock)
1 onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 bag baby carrots the peeled kind that are ready to eat
1 bag of celery
1 container of frozen dumplings. (you will find them in the bread section of your grocers freezer)
Salt, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning

1. wash the celery chop off the very tip on either end. Then slice down the middle.
2. Fill large pot with broth, add carrots, onion and celery bring to a boil. Season to taste.
3. Once boiling, separate and break-up dumplings into at least 1 inch pieces. (set timer to 30 min)
4. add to the boiling stock stirring frequently to avoid sticking (the broth should thicken slightly)
5. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
6. Debone the chicken. I uses my hands with some gloves on, so that I can really get all the meat outa there and nothing gets stuck under my nails. (this should be done in this order. the dumplings have to cook)
7. after 30 min have passed add the chicken to the dumpling mixure....let simmer for 15 more min.

Get a bowl and eat up. It will be very hot so keep that in mind if you are serving children. These dumplings really hold heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment