Monday, December 19, 2011

During thanksgiving I visited:
Cafe Du Monde
800 Decatur St
New OrleansLA 70116
(504) 525-4544

So ever since I told people I was comming to New Orleans, everyone was raving about the beignets  so I went. 

Let just say beignets togo are not the business.....sit down. Have one, and a coffee.

Just sitting in this place gives me the feeling of a french market....wait on it, bing! You will be hard pressed to find a seat during peak times but if you are able to get here say on a wed round mid-morning, on a non holiday week, not during any sporting event....then sit back and enjoy. I take that back several groups were leaving when we got there on a busy night so we were able to grab a seat for 3. Don't wear black when eating these pillow like crispy yum, yums. Infact don't wear anything you don't want powdered sugar on. 

The servers a quick, and they bring you water even if you didn't want any....cuz if you didn't order a drink you are gonna want some water with these hush puppies. I generally make my own beignets, I consider my self a bit of Princess Tianna. IMHO, these were just as good :) 

Final Though: If in the French Quarter and you have never been...Go, stand in line or find a seat. Sit back and enjoy....don't forget to tip your server.

No comments:

Post a Comment